Orie Pty Ltd (ABN: 50 163 551 513) trading as Willow Woods Bunny Boarding, Willow Woods Cavy Camp and Willow Woods Lapin Luxury is primarily a hobby business, which provides a range of services, such as, rabbit boarding, guinea pig boarding, rabbit grooming and sale of pet rabbit & guinea pig food, toys, equipment & accessories.
Our aim to raise the profile of pet rabbits and guinea pigs, as well as, to educate about their complex needs, with the hope that there will be a reduction in pet abandonment rates especially during holiday seasons, and an improvement in the level of care provided by rabbit owners and guinea pig owners.
The business owner does not draw any salaries from the business. All profits are ploughed back into updating equipment periodically and supporting rabbit rescues/shelters.
Despite this, the business is insured and registered as a private company, ie. it is not a charity and does not collect or receive any donations.
The business owner has a biomedicine degree, and studied various animal related subjects at an undergraduate level including biochemistry, cell & developmental biology, molecular biology, immunology, zoology, physiology, botany, animal behaviour and genetics.
Our Track Record
Willow Woods has been in business for more than 3 years and our track record is as follows:
0.000% infection rate
0.000% injury rate
Our Pro-Adoption Stance
Willow Woods does not sell bunnies or guinea pigs.
We strongly advocate adoption and encourage you to contact shelters such as Australian Animal Protection Society, Lort Smith Animal Hospital, Rabbit Run-Away Orphanage, RSPCA Victoria, The Bluey & Alice Bunny Refuge, Chuffnut Cavies – Australian Cavy Sanctuary or Grampians Rabbit & Cavy Sanctuary directly for surrender and adoption enquiries.
Please note that we do not have a permit to run a shelter, and are unable to take in unwanted rabbits or guinea pigs. However, we support rabbit and guinea pig rescues by referring prospective bunny or guinea pig parents, donating regularly, and providing gift vouchers for adoption packs and fund raising events.
Willow Woods is believed to be the only indoor rabbit & guinea pig boarding facility in Melbourne with all of the following:
– Premises for rabbits & guinea pigs only (other pets are not permitted on our premises)
– Council permit
– Reverse cycle refrigerative air-conditioning and heating
– Windows with flyscreens, ie. mosquito-free environment
– Industrial extractor fans which introduce fresh air & remove stale air
– UV air steriliser
– Full security with window grilles, monitored alarm system, monitored CCTV system & security gate to complex
– Quiet, calm & peaceful environment with no predator animals (such as dogs or cats) boarded here.
– Daily cleaning and disinfection of cages, play pens & litter trays
– Hosing down of cages, litter trays and play pens with water and detergent when a bunny or guinea pig checks out
– Daily change of oaten hay (provision of unlimited supply)
– Daily serving of fresh vegetables
– Socialisation – lot of pats & cuddles
– Choice of litter trays with grids or traditional rectangle trays lined with litter and hay
– Complimentary weekly photo updates via our Facebook page.
– Optional grooming (additional charge applies)
– Convenience of online booking for boarding stays.
Our Entry Policy in Brief:
The following are required for all boarding stays:
– Vaccination record reflecting up-to-date six-monthly calicivirus vaccination (for rabbits only)
– Recent flea/mite treatment with Revolution for Puppies/Kittens (eg. receipt within last 3 months or un-used vial to be applied in our presence).
NO PROOF, NO ENTRY!
The onus is on you to prove it. Do not expect us to follow up with vets or shelters on your behalf.
Your bunny will be turned away if you are unable to produce a valid and up-to-date vaccination record, even if you are scheduled to leave for your holiday on the same day. We make absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS to this policy in order to protect our bunny boarders and to adhere to the Code of Practice for the Operation of Boarding Establishments.