Rabbit & Guinea Pig Boarding Rates
Rates for rabbit boarding vary throughout the year,
with off-peak rates of:
$18 per day for one rabbit in a cage
$31 per day for one rabbit in a playpen
as reflected on our online booking calendars.
Additional rabbits sharing the same accommodation:
$10 per rabbit per day
There is an option to purchase extra serving of Oxbow timothy hay at $1 per day. This is in addition to unlimited oaten hay which is included in the boarding rates.
If you would like your rabbit to be brushed daily, additional charges will apply at $2 per day per rabbit. Please bring along your own brush or comb for this purpose.
10% discount will be given for long stays of > 30 days, and only on the base rate (ie. no further discounts for additional rabbits). This discount is non-negotiable.
Weekly photo updates via Willow Woods Bunny Boarding Facebook page.
Rates for guinea pig boarding vary throughout the year,
with off-peak rates of:
$20 per day for one guinea pig in a cage
$10 per day for upgrade to 5 by 2 C&C grid pens
as reflected on our online booking calendar.
Additional guinea pigs sharing the same pen:
$10 per guinea pig per day
There is an option to purchase extra serving of Oxbow timothy hay at $1 per day. This is in addition to unlimited grass hay which is included in the boarding rates.
If you would like your guinea pig to be brushed daily, additional charges will apply at $2 per day per guinea pig. Please bring along your own brush or comb for this purpose.
A 10% discount will be given for long stays of > 30 days, and only on the base rate (ie. no further discounts for additional guinea pigs). This discount is non-negotiable.
Weekly photo updates via Willow Woods Cavy Camp Facebook page.
Pick Up & Delivery
Pick-up and drop-off from Williams Landing train station is a complimentary service which is NOT available during busy periods such as the Christmas / New Year Season and the Easter holiday period.
For all other trips, a pick-up and delivery service is charged at a rate of $2 per kilometre. This transport service is offered solely at our discretion. Do contact us beforehand to discuss.
The distance will be based on a round trip calculated based on www.whereis.com, traveling to and from our premises at Factory 30, 29 Richards Road, Hoppers Crossing, VIC 3029.
The same rate applies for taking your bunny to the vet on your behalf or driving out to purchase additional supplies for your bunny.
Additional rates calculated at $30 per hour apply for time spent waiting at the vet on weekdays and Saturdays. This rate shall be $60 per half hour on Sundays and public holidays.
- Trip to U-Vet in Werribee: $24
- Trip to BEAC in Williamstown: $58
- Trip to CARE in Collingwood: $110
- Trip to Melbourne Rabbit Clinic in Ferntree Gully: $252
In the event that it is necessary to quarantine a bunny or guinea pig, a quarantine fee of $100 per day will be payable.
The quarantine room is operated on a single occupancy basis and runs on separate heating/cooling unit to reduce the risk of spreading bacteria/viruses throughout the facility.
Alternatively, your bunny or guinea pig may be hospitalised at your preferred vet. Any veterinary & hospitalisation fees will be payable directly to the vet clinic/hospital.
Cleaning & Disinfection
A cleaning & disinfection charge of $10 will be imposed on each item that is dirty/soiled when initially brought into our facility.
To avoid this charge, please ensure that all items being brought into our premises are clean and odour-free.
However, if your pet soils these during their stay in our facility, no cleaning charges will be imposed.
There is fee for administration of medication during a boarding stay.
Please discuss your rabbit's or guinea pig's medication and/or medical history with us prior to booking or boarding.
We reserve the right to reject bookings if we feel that we are unable to provide the level of care required for a sick rabbit or guinea pig or if the medical condition is contagious and will pose a risk to other boarders.
Outside Business Hours Surcharge
An outside business hours surcharge is imposed for all check-ins and check-outs outside our business hours, and any other services provided outside business hours, including attending to vet visits on-site or off-site.
Outside business hours on weekdays or Saturdays:
$30 per half-hour block or part thereof
Sundays/Victorian Public Holidays:
$60 per half-hour block or part thereof
1, Our business hours are:
Mondays to Fridays: 9 am to 3 pm
Saturdays: 9 am to 1 pm
Closed on Sundays & Victorian Public Holidays.
2. These surcharges are not negotiable as they barely cover the cost of transport and penalty rates specified by Fair Work Ombudsman.
3. Our preference is for all drop-offs and pick-ups to be conducted during business hours instead of imposing the surcharge. (We have a life too!)
4. If you are late for your outside business hours appointment or make multiple changes of appointment times at the last minute (ie. attempt to keep us on standby for your convenience), an additional surcharge will be imposed. This is calculated at $30 or $60 per half-hour block or part thereof.
5. Check-ins or check-outs are strictly not possible between the hours of 9 am to 12:30 pm on Sundays, and between 8 pm to 7 am everyday.
6. In the interest of safety, we reserve the right to decline requests for check-ins or check-outs outside business hours, so the appointment must be confirmed at least 24 hours prior to check-in.
7. Surcharges include GST, and may be revised without notice.
1. 10% discount will automatically be applied on the base rate by the online calendars for boarding stays of over 30 days.
2 The 10% discount is only on the base rate (ie. no further discounts on the daily fee for additional rabbits or guinea pigs sharing the same accommodation).